free admission / silent auction
Back by popular demand! Laissez les bons temps rouler!
The Mission Committee invites you to celebrate Mardi Gras and help raise funds and awareness for our church’s chosen local and global mission partners.
FPC’s own gumbo chefs will again provide their “award-winning” gumbos which will include seafood, chicken and vegetarian. Side dishes will include rice, red beans and rice, and salad. There will be a children’s “buffet”, a member-baked dessert station and king cakes. Midway through the event, guests of all ages are invited to join in the parade led by the Caldwell Elementary Brass Band. Decorate a bike, wagon, or float and join in the fun. Families will be entertained with face painting, a cake walk, balloon artist, crafts, etc.
This year’s auction will include “experiences” such as dinners, legal services, a wine tasting, a game day luncheon and more. Bring your checkbooks!
Buy a Place for these “Experiences”:
· Korean BBQ Dinner and Music for 6 guests at the home of Julie Philley and Richard Lee (date to be determined by hosts and guests) - $100 per person
· Wine Tasting for 8 guests from the Wine Cellar of David Finlay and Leslie Couch – Saturday, April 14 at 6:30 pm - $75.00 per person
· Chocolate Tasting with an Irish Flair at Sweet Gourmet – with Pam Gabriel and Sweet Gourmet- Tuesday, March 13 at 5 pm – Limit 30 people at $20 per person
· Mah Jongg or Bridge Game Day and Luncheon hosted by Ginny Mattox and Susan Davis on Tuesday, June 19 at 11:00 am – Limit 16 people at $40.00 per person
· Traditional Scottish Haggis Ceremony (complete with bagpipes and the poetry of Rabbie Burns conducted by Stuart Baskin and Scottish Minister Jim Wallace) and Dinner – Saturday, April 21 at 6:30 pm - Minimum: 20 people/Maximum 30 people at $100 per person. Location to be determined.
Place a Bid on these:
· A commissioned oil portrait by Mary Ann Post – Maximum size 12” x 16” with two people. Painting done from photo. Details to be arranged by Mary Ann who is happy to take the photo.) Starting Bid: $300.00
· Legal services for a simple will provided by Mitch Adams - $1,000 Value. Starting bid: $ 50
· Live Auction on “Crème de la Crème” Desserts: Prepared by Culinary Masters Celia Bunt and Wayne Babin
· Chance Drawing for a Roko 32-inch Sharp TV - $ 10 per ticket
PATH, Habitat for Humanity, Gateway to Hope, Bethesda Health Clinic, the Literacy Council, Meals on Wheels and the Samaritan Counseling Center will be benefited locally. Globally, Solar under the Sun/Living Waters for the World, Presbyterian Education Board Pakistan Schools, and our mission co-workers in Zambia, Charles and Melissa Johnson will profit.
How can you help?
Volunteers are needed! Provide a gumbo dish, make a home-made dessert, or help with decorating or clean up, be a sponsor or participate in the parade. For more information or to volunteer, contact Ginny Mattox, (903-504-5016).
Tell us if you’re coming!